AP Psychology Homework
Personality (Part II)
- According to Rogers, an attitude of total acceptance toward
another person. ____________________________ ________________________
- A projective test in which people express their inner
feelings and interests through the stories they make up about ambiguous
scenes. __________________________ _________________________ test or
- The perspective, led by Abraham Maslow and Carl Rogers that
emphasizes the growth potential of healthy people.
- Carl Jungís Concept of a shared, inherited reservoir of
memory traces from our speciesí history. ___________________________
- The id operates on this principle, demanding immediate
gratification. _____________________________ principle.
- The scientific study of optimal human functioning. It aims
to discover and promote conditions that enable individuals and communities
to thrive. __________________________ psychology
- The defense mechanism by which people channel their
unacceptable impulses into socially approved activities.
- The psychological perspective spearheaded by Sigmund Freud.
- A questionnaire (often with true-false or agree-disagree
items) on which people respond to items designed to gauge a wide range of
feelings and behaviors. _____________________________
- The ego operates on this principle, satisfying the idís
desires in ways that will realistically bring pleasure rather than pain.
- According to Freud, a lingering focus of pleasure-seeking
energies (libido) at an earlier psychosexual stage, where conflicts were
- A test (such as the MMPI) developed by testing a pool of
items (questions) and then selecting those that discriminate between groups.
______________________________ ____________________________ test.
- The basic defense mechanism that banishes anxiety-provoking
thoughts, feelings, and memories from consciousness.
- The perception that chance or outside forces beyond oneís
control determine oneís fate. ___________________________
_______________________ _____ ____________________
- A method of exploring the unconscious in which the person
relaxes and says whatever comes to mind. _____________________
- In psychoanalytic theory, the egoís protective methods of
reducing anxiety by unconsciously distorting them.
- The largely conscious "executive" portion of the
personality that mediates between the demands of the id, superego, and
- The perception that one controls oneís own fate.
___________________________ ______________________ _________