AP Psychology Homework
- An eating disorder in which a normal-weight person diets and becomes
significantly underweight. __________________________
- The form of sugar that circulates in the blood and provides the major
source of energy for body tissues. When it is low, we feel hungry.
- The idea that a physiological need creates an aroused state of tension
that motivates the organism to satisfy the need. _____________________
- A resting period after orgasm, during which a man cannot achieve another
orgasm. _________________________ _______________________
- A desire to perform a behavior for its own sake and to be effective.
- The point at which an individual’s "weight thermostat" is
supposedly set. ___________ ________________
- A need or desire that energizes and directs behavior.
- A desire for significant accomplishment: for mastery of things, people, or
ideas; for attaining a high standard. __________________________
- An eating disorder characterized by episodes of overeating, usually of
highly caloric food, followed by vomiting, laxative use, fasting, or
excessive exercise. ________________________ __________________________
- Maslow’s pyramid of human needs. _________________________ of
- A complex behavior that is rigidly patterned throughout a species and is
- The four stages of sexual responding described by Masters and Johnson.
___________________ _______________________ ________________________
- The desire to perform a behavior due to promised rewards or threats of
punishment. __________________________ ________________________
- A positive or negative environmental stimulus that motivates behavior.
- An enduring sexual attraction to members of a particular sex.
- A tendency to maintain a balanced or constant internal bodily state.