AP Psychology Homework
The Developing Person (Part I)
- Physical and cognitive abnormalities in children caused by a pregnant
womanís drinking. In severe cases, symptoms include noticeable facial
disproportions. __________________ ______________________ ________________
- In Eriksonís theory, the ability to form close, loving relationships; a
primary developmental task in late adolescence and early adulthood.
- Oneís accumulated knowledge and verbal skills. It tends to increase with
age. _______________________ ___________________
- The period of sexual maturation, during which a person becomes capable of
- The body structures (ovaries, testes, and external genitalia) that make
sexual reproduction possible. _________________ _________________
- Research in which the same people are restudied and retested over a long
period. ________________________ ___________________
- The transition period from childhood to adulthood. _____________________
- In Piagetís theory, the stage (from about age 2-7) during which a child
learns to use language but does not yet comprehend the mental operations of
concrete logic. _____________________________ __________________
- According to Erikson, a sense that the world is predictable and
trustworthy; said to be formed during infancy by appropriate experiences
with responsive caregivers. __________________ ___________________
- The fertilized egg. It enters a 2-week period of rapid cell division and
develops into an embryo. _________________________
- According to Piaget, the interpretation of oneís new experiences in
terms of oneís existing schemas. _________________________________
- The fear of strangers that infants commonly display, beginning by about 8
months of age. ____________________ _______________________
- The biological growth process relatively uninfluenced by experience or
- The awareness that things continue to exist even when we cannot see them.
- Agents, such as chemicals and viruses that can reach the embryo or fetus
during prenatal development and cause harm. _________________________
- The time of natural cessation of menstruation. It also refers to the
biological changes a woman experiences as her ability to reproduce declines.
- A study in which people of different ages are compared with one another.
- The branch of psychology that studies physical, cognitive, and social
changes throughout the life span. ______________________
- In Piagetís theory, the stage of cognitive development (from about 6 to
11 years of age) during which children gain the mental operations that
enable them to think logically about concrete events. _____________________
- The developing human organism from 9 weeks after conception to birth.